The mandate of the Evaluation Proposals Approval Committee (EPAC) is to review all third party evaluation/quality initiative (QI) proposals that require access to Eastern Health resources and/or access to data that is under the custody or control of Eastern Health, including personal information, personal health information and human biological specimens.
EPAC employs a privacy lens to ensure that appropriate data collection, use, disclosure, transfer, storage, retention and destruction processes are in place as well as a resource-use lens to ensure that Eastern Health is adequately compensated for its involvement in the proposals, as applicable. The EPAC committee meets biweekly to review applications.
The application process for EPAC is outlined in a link below. The application form is common to all Regional Health Authorities, as well as the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (NLCHI), for evaluation/QI approval.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact email@example.com or call 709-752-3591.
For more details, please download the following:
- Process for Review and Approval of Evaluation (PDF)
- Organizational Approval for Evaluation Application Form (PDF)
- Data Custodian Variable List (PDF)
- Departmental Agreement (PDF)
- Evaluation Proposals Approval Committee, Terms of Reference (PDF)
- Evaluation Proposals Approval Committee Presentation (PDF)